On the Monterey County Democratic Central Committee, I will work to:
- Help build our communications infrastructure to support more countywide coordination and collaboration between districts.
- Enhance year-round party activities, boosting engagement outside of the standard election cycle.
- Register more Democrats, working especially to connect with those who share our values, but are currently Independent or Decline-to-State.
About the MCDCC
The Monterey County Democratic Central Committee (MCDCC) is the official voice of registered Democrats in Monterey County and serves as the local presence of the California Democratic Party. Our local party has a permanent office in Seaside, with hundreds of active volunteers.
The MCDCC advances our party’s goals through:
- VOTER REGISTRATION. Throughout the year, and especially leading up to major elections, the Monterey County Democratic Central Committee works to register Democrats throughout the county.
- VOTER OUTREACH. MCDCC volunteers and activists reach out to local voters, providing information on endorsed candidates and motivating Democratic supporters to vote. The Central Committee also coordinates with the state party to participate in important state and federal races.
- ENDORSEMENTS. The MCDCC makes endorsements for each election to inform Democratic voters about the candidates and ballot measures we consider most worthy of support.
- CHARTERED DEMOCRATIC CLUBS. Chartered Democratic clubs and organizations are a major component of the Central Committee’s grassroots organizing. Learn more about the Democratic clubs that are affiliated with the MCDCC here.
- FUNDRAISING & INFRASTRUCTURE. MCDCC raises funds to support voter registration and voter outreach efforts and to ensure that our local party has the resources necessary to elect Democrats at the local, state and national level.